The GAINS team had the opportunity to attend the 2022 North American Supply Chain Executive Summit (NASCES) near GAINS HQ in the Chicago area. GAINS makes an effort to participate in the annual conference to make new connections and have insightful conversations. The NASCES 2022 event was no exception. This year’s conference was a great one; we had an opportunity to see great presentations from some of the best minds in supply chain, including keynote speakers from a diverse number of industries, including:
- Joe Metzger, Executive Vice President of Supply Chain Operations for Walmart U.S.
- Venkatesh Alagirisamy, Chief Supply Chain Officer at NIKE, Inc.
- Rahquel Purcell, Chief Transformation Officer for L’Oréal USA
- Ramnik Khangura, VP & Global Head of Supply Chain, Robotics & Digital, Medtech at Johnson and Johnson
GAINS Co-founder Bill Benton and Senior Director of Solution Consulting Steve Arvis connected with GAINS customers and supply chain professionals at our booth on the exhibition floor. Attendees stopped by to discuss their supply chain challenges, experience the GAINS supply chain optimization solutions, and see a preview of the GAINS new user interface, GAINS X.
Shared Supply Chain Challenges
In speaking with NASCES attendees, there seemed to be some prominent recurring themes in many of our interactions, including:
- Supply chain disruptions continue to be a front-of-mind issue for many businesses
- Companies continue to seek more and better ways to gain greater end-to-end visibility within their supply chains
- The pursuit of better tools to collaborate with teams, both internally and externally, to keep inventory at optimal levels to meet their customer service requirements
- The need for regular and open communication with suppliers is critical for supply chain success in these times of ongoing volatility
Excel or Manual Systems Are No Longer Viable Planning Options
GAINS also found that despite the growing complexity within the supply chain, many companies still rely on Excel or other disparate, manual systems to manage and plan their supply chains. As a myriad of data and new challenges get created every day, the need for a scalable planning solution is more critical now than ever to help companies harness volatility and achieve their goals.
We look forward to speaking with members of those organizations and helping them to find a new way forward with better automation and optimization. GAINS offers agile solutions to navigate the ever-changing road ahead and is robust enough to provide supply chain professionals the end-to-end visibility to tackle the challenges the future holds. GAINS works to make supply chain pro’s jobs easier, their systems less complicated, and better prepare them for an uncertain future.
See You at NASCES in 2023 in Phoenix
It was an exciting week, and we were glad to welcome many supply chain customers, partners, and practitioners to the Windy City. Steve and Bill had a great time at North American Supply Chain Executive Summit; I enjoyed seeing so many of you in person and learned a lot.
We look forward to participating in next year’s NASCES Executive Summit event in Phoenix and hope to see you all there.