Benco Dental Success with GAINS
Profit optimized S&OP helps grow revenue, profit and market share.
- Industry Sector: Distribution
- Headquartered: Pittston, PA
- Scale: Five distribution centers serving over 30,000 customers
- Website: www.benco.com
market share growth
increased customer service level
“Driving our sales and operations planning process with GAINS helped Benco Dental grow revenues by 7% and profits while reducing inventory by 15%.”
Director of Supply Chain Planning
GAINS SolutionsInventory optimization
Benco Dental is the largest privately owned full-service distributor of oral healthcare technology and supplies and serves over 30,000 dental professionals. They provide more than 60,000 products from 1,100 manufacturers. With a passion for driving innovation and a desire to ensure dentists have the products they need to provide great oral healthcare, Benco Dental turned to GAINS to establish a robust Sales & Operations Planning process.
Accelerate executive decision making to drive higher service levels and optimize inventory while gaining market share in an intensely competitive market.
As a growing distributor in a competitive market, Benco Dental’s success depends on two primary factors – providing superior customer service and offering a broad portfolio of value-added services. In a business that prides itself on superior service, these goals are even more challenging given new product introductions and availability of low volume items with sporadic demand across its robust product portfolio of over 60,000 items.
Fueled by improved S&OP and the GAINS inventory optimization capabilities the business opportunities became clear.
- Automated dynamic forecasting significantly reduced human bias and harnessed leading marketing indicators
- AI-driven profit-maximizing service level attainment with item-location precision
- Profit-optimized inventory policies for synchronized replenishment
- In-depth ML based scenario analysis allows executive leadership to focus on desired business outcomes instead of spreadsheet models
- Automated replenishment considers both constraints and opportunities to reduce risks and boost service
Profit optimized scenario analysis with GAINS gave the Benco Dental team the insights they needed to confidently realign inventory and move forward faster to gain market share.