GAINS™ (General Adaptive INventory Solution),
a business decision management and optimization toolset and methodology
• Optimize global inventory
• Maximize Return-on-Assets (ROA)
• Improve service levels
• Increase revenue and total profit
The core GAINS™ solution offerings is the Inventory Optimization solution. It uses sophisticated, automated, and proprietary algorithms that consider a comprehensive set of cost and source variabilities, including service-level goals, demand plan error and lead-time for every SKU location. This results in: improved customer service levels and reduced expediting; reduced inventory investment at any given level of service; minimized total annual operating costs and maximized profit; and the management of supply variability.
Click here to view a video interview of GAINSystems CEO regarding Inventory Optimization at the Gartner Supply Chain conference.
The GAINSystems Inventory Optimization proprietary algorithms include:
- Inventory Policy Optimization algorithms to precisely achieve targeted service levels by comprehensively managing sources of planning error. These include: demand plan/forecast error, lead-time variation, supply yield, and optimal ordering cycles
- Service Level Optimization algorithms that automatically determine service levels uniquely for each item to achieve an aggregate target while minimizing or maximizing a business objective, (e.g. minimized total cost, minimum inventory, specific inventory turns target, maximum profit, etc.)
- Sourcing Optimization algorithms that determine the supplier(s) that provide the lowest-total-cost supply, including solving for the trade-off of unit cost, purchase minimums, and lead time
- Network Flow Optimization algorithms that determine which supply route provides the lowest-total-cost supply, considering lead times, minimums (line-item and PO-level), handling, and transportation costs
- Multi-echelon/Indenture Stocking Policy Inventory Optimization algorithms that determine whether or not to stock an item and at what service level. These solve for interdependencies among locations and/or within the bill-of-materiel (BOM) to devise postponement strategies and address customer expectations to minimize cost or maximize profit
Ready to find out more?
Benchmark your company’s performance against similar companies who have optimized their business.