Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), a remotely hosted subscription-based application delivery method, has gained popularity with the advent of web-based delivery of increasingly specialized solutions. SaaS models are used for mission-critical solutions that include Supply Chain Management/Optimization (e.g., GAINS), Customer Relationship Management, ERP, and Sales Force Automation.
GAINS® provides several tools and structured processes to obtain rapid implementation and a fast time-to-value that is intrinsic to a SaaS strategy (e.g., streamlined data extraction tools, industry-specific templates, etc.). Using GAINS SaaS, customers have rapidly achieved the following while minimizing internal IT complexity and resource usage:
- Rapid Service Level Improvement
- Inventory Reduction
- Operations Cost Reduction and/or Service-driven Sales Improvements
- Reduced Planner Workload on lower-value-added and/or repetitive activities (and increased focus on higher-value-added activities)
Mid-size and nimble companies have used SaaS successfully. These companies typically have the following characteristics:
- Between $2-12 million in active inventory
- Less than $150 million in revenue
- Less than 100,000 SKUs
- Limited IT resources or limited IT resource availability
Additionally, larger companies needing quick results, facing capital budget delays and other constraints, subject to strict ERP-only on-premise licensing, and/or lacking available IT resources also utilize the GAINS SaaS approach. To benchmark your company’s performance against similar companies who have optimized their business, click here.
GAINS SaaS is offered in three general variants, with variable configurations also available:
- Silver: Monthly Demand Planning and Inventory Parameter Optimization 'black-box' (where results are provided in data file and Excel form for use in existing tools, without adjustment)
- Gold: Above with ability to make adjustments to Demand Plan, Inventory Policy, and SI&OP data, with up-to-daily processing
- Platinum: Ability to use all GAINS screens, including Replenishment Planning functions (DRP, Purchasing, and output files), and event-driven [real-time] processing if more than daily frequency is desired.
To minimize impediments and delays affecting time-to-benefit, GAINSystems consultants can train and assist planning personnel to extract the data required for SaaS, to preclude the need for potentially-scarce IT resources.