Full time, Salary
GAINSystems is a high-growth supply chain optimization software company in Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood. Our product gives our customers the visibility to better forecast demand and operate with greater efficiency.
Recent research named GAINSystems a leader and visionary; we achieved this rapid growth as a bootstrapped and profitable company. In 2020, we received a growth investment from respected Silicon Valley investors Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm specializing in growing technology companies.
Our company is close-knit and provides a compelling employee package, which includes excellent benefits, a 401(k) match, and an in-office barista.
Data science is in GAINSystems’ DNA. Our founder was an industrial engineering professor, and we remain a company of data-driven analysts and engineers. Although your daily tasks will vary, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead research and data science projects that convert models into operational value
- Work with our professional services team to identify viable, valuable data-driven projects
- Deliver fully functional, tested product prototypes
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to define the product and technical roadmaps
- Contribute to extending our machine learning infrastructure
- You will have the opportunity, though not necessarily the responsibility, to independently identify research projects
- Intellectual curiosity to explore questions answerable with data.
- Passion for experimentation.
- Commitment to delivering data-driven results.
- Strong statistical, computational, and mathematical foundations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, and ability to collaborate with teammates with heterogeneous technical/quantitative backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s and graduate degrees in a quantitative field.
- Academic or industrial experience with data science and/or machine learning.
- Demonstrated experience with data-driven research.
- Fluent in SQL, and Python or R.
- NLP, reinforcement learning, and/or GAN experienced desired.
- Java and graph DB familiarity preferred, but not required.