GAINSystems is a high-growth supply chain optimization software company in Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood. Our product gives our customers the visibility to better forecast demand and operate with greater efficiency. Recent industry reports have named GAINSystems a leader and visionary, and we achieved this rapid growth as a bootstrapped, family-owned company. In 2020, we received a growth investment from respected Silicon Valley investors Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm specializing in growing technology companies.
Our company is a close-knit team and provides a compelling package to employees, including good benefits, 401(k) match, and an in-office barista when we are able to safely return to the office!
As the Controller, you will play a vital part in our day-to-day functions and rapid growth. Your daily tasks will vary but will center around the following responsibilities:
- Lead an effective accounting function, reporting directly to the CFO.
- Manage the audit and monthly book-closing process to ensure the accurate, timely reporting of financials.
- Work with the CFO to prepare financial budgets, forecasts, and other strategic projects as needed / interested (e.g. developing new KPIs, executing M&A transactions, etc.).
- Implement and improve internal controls and technical systems.
- 5-8 years of progressive work experience, and deep technical accounting knowledge.
- Can be the “keeper of the truth”: detail-oriented, confident, and autonomous.
- High-potential candidate that is driven and intellectually curious.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strategic thinker that is eager to collaborate with the senior management team.
- Experience in the technology sector (ideally SaaS) is preferable.
- Experience with M&A or with venture capital-backed/private equity-backed companies is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA credentials.