Full time and/or contract-to-hire
Are you a self-starter? Does solving complex problems excite you? Are you a unique blend of tech, stats, process, and people?
If you said yes, you should consider joining our creative and driven team that is dedicated to improving our client’s performance through Supply Chain Optimization!
Founded in 1971, GAINSystems provides proven capabilities for supply chain and inventory optimization that surpass traditional supply chain planning systems. GAINSystems has recently been mentioned in industry research reports in Leader and Visionary positions, and we strive to continue to grow our competitive standpoint from this exposure.
We are dedicated to client satisfaction and strive to bring new team members on board that are customer service oriented and excited to be part of our growing team and the changes that come with that growth.
We provide flexible schedules, remote capabilities, happy hours, and a full time in office barista to make any tasty coffee concoction you can think up! We are in the Wicker Park neighborhood in Chicago, IL and have an extremely attractive benefits program including health care options, vacation days, parental leave and a competitive 401K plan.
About the Team
GAINSystems is a Pioneer in Optimizing Supply Chains. Our team has seen just about everything and developed a comprehensive approach that considers error and variability across Supply, Demand & Operations. To make that possible, we exhibit innovation, growth-mindset, and customer focus in all we do.
To us, innovation is the creation, development, and implementation of a new product, process or service, with the aim of improving efficiency, effectiveness or competitive advantage. Our growth-mindset and customer focus allow us to take those innovations and create value for our customers.
We believe in learning on the job and setting audacious goals! We are self-driven and outcome oriented. When we achieve our amazing results, we believe in playing hard to celebrate those wins with each other!
About the Role
As a Supply Chain Analyst, you will be part of the client consulting team. In this role, you have two primary responsibilities:
- Support the technical set up of the GAINS software during implementation and for future product feature releases.
- Consult on and lead interactions with existing client installations to drive continuous improvement in the use of the GAINS software.
As an Analyst, you will work on 1 – 2 simultaneous new client implementations as well as a few internal projects focused on new feature development and deployment.
The projects are significant in scope, with full implementations from 3 to 9 months. You will work directly with operational personnel and executive management at client corporation.
To best support and enable our client success, some travel will be required. You will typically have 1 trip per month for client engagement and implementation support.
Work closely on joint client – consultant teams to implement new business process architecture (business and functionality requirements, application/system configuration, front-end workflow optimization, and business reports provided from the system).
Collaborate with client IT resources to help identify data integration requirements.
Drive successful software implementations by supporting project tasks including coordination of support resources, change management, and issue resolution.
Participate in designing product development specifications with internal UX designers and technical team members to improve GAINS functionality for specific client applications.
Lead key personnel at client corporations on new supply chain strategy and GAINS software training.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities required. Quantitative capabilities in the areas of Statistics, Operations Research and/or Econometrics.
- Direct experience working with large complex data sets (ex. Excel, R).
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix-management environment (influence).
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in ever evolving business environment that results in great innovations with our clients for success.
- Ability and willingness to both learn and teach the software.
- Ability to self-manage time and communicate progress with appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required (B.S. preferred)